Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Delicious summer days

Wow--we got the most amazing box of produce from our CSA, Spiral Path Farm, today. Beautiful purple eggplants, peppers, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, sweet corn (delcious raw)--I need to start taking pics of the boxes! I had a yummy cucumber salad the last couple of days and have enjoyed their greens in smoothies (today green apple/pear/banana with greens and later pineapple/strawberry/banana with greens). Made a great sprouted chickpea hummus from Alyssa Cohen's book--I get hooked on sprouting! ( So simple using just a bowl and leaving them to their own devices without too much attention...).

I think the lovliest thing about summer (besides all of the great variety and abundance in produce) is the berries. So many different kinds and so sweet how they come one after another in waves (strawberries then mulberries, blackberries, black raspberries, blueberries, wineberries). Received an amazing gift from my father-in-law today--so selfless and thoughtful--really a lesson to me of service and unconditional love. Windhorse moving through him and then to me to share as well. (In Tibetan Buddhism, Windhorse is the unlimited energy of basic goodness, buddhanature.). Such a gift and how beautiful the world would be if we all woke up tomorrow and remembered to treat eachother in a loving and caring way. I feel so blessed for all of the love that I've received today and in my life.

Here's a yummy cucumber salad--a community
salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from family
gardens and the CSA (and CSA onions, too)



These are wineberries from the bushes looking out
over the riverbank--really amazing. A gift planted
by my mother-in-law a few years ago. What a
wonderful legacy--to plant beautiful things on the
earth for others to share when we are gone.


Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: