Friday, June 29, 2007

Raw Spirit

I realize it's easy to become addicted to the "high" of eating raw, just like the bliss of meditation or transformative experiences like the feelings you have during sweatlodge or time deep in nature. I've felt so connected but see that when I don't feel that way, that I still have the same challenge of not becoming more unconscious. Eating raw feels like a wonderful tool, but the diet itself cannot become an obsession or it defeats the purpose. Perhaps that is what I've been feeling. Also been eating less greens and live foods in favor of nut milks, smoothies and creamy raw soups. I think they are amazing, and happy they help with weight gain, but see that this is also about light, energy and intention (not to mention expectation), so I need to check all of those and be more mindful.

Yummy Broccoli Soup from Alyssa Cohen's book (basically almonds, honey or agave, broccoli, avocado, onion and garlic powder, sea salt and cumin).

No comments: